I’ve released a new build of Fragmentarium with some much needed updates, including better camera control, high resolution renders, and animation.
New features in version 0.8:
- The 3D camera has been rewritten: it is now a “first-person”, pinhole camera (like Boxplorer and Fractal Lab), and is controllable using mouse and keyboard. Camera view can now be saved together with other settings.
- Arbitrary resolution renderings (using tile based rendering – the GPU won’t time out).
- Preview modes (renders to FBO with lower resolution and rescales).
- ‘Tile preview’ for previewing part of high-resolution renders.
- Animation controller (experimental: no keyframes yet, you must animate using the system supplied ‘time’ variable. Animation is output as a sequence of still images).
- Presets (group parameters settings and load them into a dropbox)
- New fractals: QuaternionMandelbrot4D, Ducks, NewMenger.
- Improved raytracer: dithering, fog, new coloring schemes.
Download it here: http://syntopia.github.com/Fragmentarium/get.html
Fragmentarium test animation – click here for higher resolution.