I’ve released a new version: Structure Synth v0.9.0 (“Glasnost”).
Binaries for Windows XP and Vista. Source for Linux and Mac. (Mac binary will be available shortly)
- Template renderers: camera export is now working.
- Implemented a ‘Triangle’ primitive. E.g.: ‘Triangle[0,0,0;1,0,0;0.5,0.5,0.5]’ is now a valid primitive.
- Added support for ‘#define varname value’ preprocessor substitutions (useful for declaring constant variables).
- A RenderMan template (created by Tom Beddard/Subblue) has been added.
Minor changes and bug fixes:
- Added ‘FastRotate’ button (draws a subset while rotating/translating the view).
- Template Renderer: Missing primitives no longer cancels the renderer, but only warns.
- OpenGL renderer now turns off GLWidget when rendering (makes build phase faster).
- Fixed CR+CR+LF export bug.
- Enabled the Cut,Paste,Copy main menu.
- Removed an extensive memory leak (leaked 16 bytes per created state).
- When resizing the OpenGL window, width/height/aspect ratio is shown.
- Corrected some syntax highlighter bugs.
- Fixed a bug when going into full screen mode (not all chrome was hidden).
Download instructions at:
Note: the camera export is only implemented for the SunFlow templates (but you can apply the same techniques to all other templates). For PovRay you would probably need to change the coordinate system from a left-handed to a right-handed one (I believe you can do this in the scene description file).